Saturday, September 1, 2012

Simplify your life: handkerchiefs

Have you noticed how these days, people are reverting back to habits from another time? A lot of people will go buy food in bulk, make their own clothes, and so on, in an attempt either to simplify their lives or to pay less for the same items.

One of the things that our parents and grandparents used to have, that I think is genius, is handkerchiefs. I know some of you might think
that it's disgusting, and you have to spend time washing them, and it's wasting water/electricity, but really, let me talk about the upside of having a few handkerchiefs at home.

- You never have to go buy tissues again
- You wash your hanky with the rest of the clothes, so no need for an extra load (it takes virtually no space at all)
- It dries on the line in just a few hours
- It is really cheap to buy
- It'll last a lifetime (more or less)
- You don't have to spend time/money buying tissues that you throw away immediately after using them
- You don't need to clutter your cabinets/space storing up tissues

But most importantly, and that is what did it for me: IT WON'T MAKE YOUR NOSE SORE! When you are sick, you can blow your nose as much as you want, it won't irritate your skin.

Tissues on the other hand... In the winter I always get sick. After using 5 tissues an hour, my nose started to hurt. At 10, my skin started to peel off. After that, it would burn at night. Then, out of curiosity, I tried handkerchiefs: I never needed to apply cream on my sore, peeling nose ever again.

And after the first couple of bucks, the hanky is free forever! If it helps, my husband, who comes from a germophobic household, tried them and LOVED THEM. He would never revert back to tissues! Hankies make your life simple, less complicated!

Try using handkerchiefs and tell me what you think in the comments!

If you liked this post, please subscribe and share on Facebook! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment