Sunday, September 16, 2012

Minimalist grooming part 2

The other day I posted about minimalist grooming. Well, I am reporting that I just cut my hair and my husband's tonight, and it was fun, an interesting activity to kill boredom, and FREE! (Well, free once you own a pair of scissors and/or clippers!)
It's always a good idea when trying to declutter your life, to also declutter your schedule. If you learn to be independent and do a lot of things yourself, you don't have to worry about making an appointment at the salon for instance, and taking time off or making it during lunch.

That's mostly why I started cutting my own hair - that and the barber always cut my hair too short, in spite of what I said I wanted, and also I didn't have money as a student, so doing it myself was free.

It's also nice not having a specific schedule and just doing things when you want to. For instance, tonight I was doing a wash and since I didn't wanna put up with the noise, I decided it was a good time to go do my hair. It worked out perfectly, because I finished at the same time as the wash.

I knew it was coming: I couldn't really put off cutting my hair, as it was getting difficult to style - not that I style it much anyway, but still, it started looking messy. It had been stressing me out because as the days passed by I kept forgetting to do it. I usually do it after I shower. But today I was like: "forget it I'm doing it now, since I am bored and have nothing else to do anyway".

So I turned a boring evening into a useful one, where I felt so good and stress-free after accomplishing something!! I guess I should called this post "decluttering your hair" or "decluttering your head" but that might have been taking it a bit too far!!

OK now I am off to walk my cat, another simple pleasure that makes me feel serene.

Wishing you all a wonderful, serene evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment