Monday, September 10, 2012

milestones

I am happy to report that today, I passed the 500 page-view mark! I am so happy! It means that my blog is finally taking off and I can (maybe) make a difference and inspire people to lean more towards minimalism.


I am also happy to report that since I started this journey towards happiness, my lifestyle has changed and so has my body image. For the longest time, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw a fat, disgusting monster, and today as I was changing, I noticed that I just saw a person. For the first time in my life, I just saw a normal-looking person in the mirror.

I am not saying that minimalism fixed everything or that I dropped 300 lbs because of it (I might have dropped 5 lbs tops, but I have never been over 150lbs in my life to begin with anyway).
What I am trying to say is that when I started this journey towards a more balanced, simpler life, I started focusing on the small things, to find contentment in my everyday life.

I am happier now than when I started, and although my house is nowhere near empty, it is empty enough that I feel serene when I come home.

It might not be much, but it is one small step to rejoice about!

4 comments:

  1. I live with a family of collectors, my house always looks like it's cluttered, but I don't mind it most of the time. Occasionally I go and de clutter, but then it's mostly the junk that builds up. I do have a collection of hand made ceramics, but lots of the pieces hold special memories.

    Such as the piece we bought for our 20 and 25th wedding anniversaries, or the one we bought on a fabby holiday, or a great family day.

    Some things I'd not miss loosing, but some pieces are really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, and I think that depends a lot on people and on their lifestyles. Some people like a bit of clutter and some people can't take the slightest hint of it. I am less and less able to put up with clutter, but for the longest time I didn't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your journey. I am in a different stage of my life but on a similar path to yours.

    Wishing you strength and perseverance.
    Kimberlyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly. If you ever see this comment, I would be interested to know how you are doing 4 years on!

      Delete